Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Distractions

There are times in our lives when we are offered opportunities to have a new perspective.  I almost feel like life starts off as a blurred lens constantly being polished in order to have the ability to see things clearly.
I haven't been in touch with this blog for a bit because I was in the process of gaining a new perspective.  I don't like to blog while my thinking is blurry or when I'm trying to gather my thoughts in a positive manner.  Truth is, I've allowed distractions to get in the way. 
Distractions can create a bit of a whirl wind state.  Eventually, you start at the bottom of the tornado and then quickly end up at the top and wondering how you got so far off the ground.
My new slogan: "While there may be many influences around, it's always good to keep your feet on the ground."
It's amazing how many things there are in a day to distract us from what we want to do or what we are supposed to do.  So, I've actually started to write it down.  Sounds simple, right?  I mean we're taught this in grade school.  Write down this, keep track of that...as responsibilities get greater and time gets more narrowed, you can tend to forget some of the fundamental things.  Just write down what it is that you want to do and post it in a place you go to routinely. 
The ultimate goal being learning how to step back, look at what it is that you want and stay on the ground while you go after it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment