Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Learning To Pace Yourself

I've spent years working at this momentum like a snowball turning into an avalanche.  I feel a poem coming on.  Grow, Grow, Grow while you can has been my motto.  It still is, but now I'm learning how important it is to balance yourself.  What I mean is growing in different directions; for some it's personal, for others it's professional, for others it could be their mid-section.  Gotta add humor.  I've spent many years growing in one direction.  I think at times when someone is focused, that this can happen.  I am understanding how important it is to broaden your focus, so when it comes down to it, you are able to be flexible.  Who knows what life is going to throw at you and so many people put all of their eggs in one basket.  When the basket drops, what's left but a bunch of broken eggs and a mess to clean up.  The key is to never end up with egg on your face or on the floor for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment