Monday, July 26, 2010

Practicing Forgiveness

Practicing forgiveness is an on-going evolution of a person who is able to tolerate transgressions because there is progress that can be made. I find myself in this lesson often. Either I am in the position of practicing it or engaging with someone who must practice it with me.

I have noticed that the more I am able to get past certain situations and forgive others, the more content I am as a result. It is not the situation that defines you, but the response you have in those situations.

Allowing your experience to trump your immediate response can be difficult, but is necessary. I won't pretend to not have those same feelings or emotional responses to situations that would make your blood boil, but it is you who chooses how to react to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment