Monday, September 13, 2010

Appreciating the Day

It's easy to get caught up in the responsibilities in life. To get into a routine that can numb the normal individual. But why live life this way? Why not sit and think about the things we should be greatful for. Thanks to the day I get to wake up and live. It's full of adventures, but thank goodness I get to live it.

I wrote a life plan to document first what issues I think I need to overcome in life. Secondly, I wrote down the things I am appreciative of. When ranking them, I noticed that the issues I thought I had to overcome meant nothing to the things I appreciated. That if I lost the things I appreciated, I wouldn't even think about the things I needed to overcome. Funny thing is, I would spend more time on the things I thought I needed to overcome, instead of the things I really appreciate. If you think we're going in circles, it's because we are.

Truth is we spend so much time on things we THINK are important instead of the things that really are important to us. It's time to spend time on the things that are really important to us. It's time to appreciate each day that we have to live. Everything else is secondary.

No comments:

Post a Comment